What's New ¶
This page lists major improvements to FI Calc. Small changes like bug fixes are not listed here.
September 19, 2020 ¶
- Additional income and withdrawals can now be explicitly set as never-ending. Previously, you would need to give them a very long duration to ensure that they never ended.
- The definition of success for Maximize Spend strategies has been tweaked slightly to take into account your minimum withdrawal limit. If a year ever withdraws less than your specified minimum, then it will count that simulation as a fail.
September 18, 2020 ¶
- "Target End Portfolio Value" has been removed from the VPW strategy. Not only was the label misleading, but VPW does not allow you to specify this value. CVPW still allows you to set it, but the input has been given the more appropriate label "PMT Future Value."
July 23, 2020 ¶
- User Preferences have been added to FI Calc. You can choose to reduce motion in the interface and/or adjust the colors if you have a color vision deficiency (color blindness).
June 19, 2020 ¶
- Search has been added to the guide website.
June 17, 2020 ¶
- New guides have been introduced for each of the different withdrawal strategies. These are a first pass!
June 9, 2020 ¶
- You can now view the end portfolio value of all simulations by clicking the largest portfolio value, smallest portfolio value, or "No. of $0 Portfolios" rows.
June 6, 2020 ¶
- New charts have been introduced on the home page that display end portfolio and withdrawals quantiles.
- Results now show years with excessively large end portfolios for "longevity" withdrawal strategies
- The Summary on the results page is improved and now displayed for all withdrawal strategies
June 3, 2020 ¶
- Analysis-based colors have returned to the simulation-by-year grid. There are two different analyses used based on the goals of the withdrawal strategy: one is for longevity (e.g.; Constant Dollar), and the other is for maximum spend (e.g.; VPW).
June 1, 2020 ¶
- You can now specify cash in your portfolio.
May 31, 2020 ¶
- You can now share and bookmark calculations using a URL. For more, refer to this guide.
- New withdrawal strategy: Hebeler Autopilot II.
May 28, 2020 ¶
- You can now customize how quickly your allocations change over time. To learn more, refer to the Portfolio Configuration guide.
May 24, 2020 ¶
- When appropriate, help dialogs now link out to the Guide.
May 22, 2020 ¶
- Support glide path allocations in the Portfolio.
- Support fees for bonds.
May 16, 2020 ¶
- Withdrawal strategies are now organized into three groups based on their goals and behaviors:
- Maximize Spend
- Maximize Longevity
May 15, 2020 ¶
- New withdrawal strategies:
- Endowment Strategy
- Dynamic SWR
May 14, 2020 ¶
- New withdrawal strategies:
May 10, 2020 ¶
- Introduces basic statistics for portfolios and withdrawals, such as median and standard deviation
- The results page now lists years in descending order
May 9, 2020 ¶
- The Guyton-Klinger withdrawal strategy now factors in the growth of bonds as well as stocks
- CSV exports now include an additional field: the final portfolio value in first year dollars
May 8, 2020 ¶
- Introduces support for bonds in your portfolio
May 3, 2020 ¶
- The Constant Withdrawal strategy has been renamed to Constant Dollar
April 28, 2020 ¶
- You can now hover or tap-and-hold on charts to view detailed information
April 23, 2020 ¶
- CSV exports are more consistent between the overview and individual simulations, and now include more information